Monday, November 21, 2005

Breathing On His Own!

Julie returned tonight from the hospital to report that Jonthan's nasal canular has been removed! It's key that his oxygen saturation levels stay above 90. He must do this on his own for 48 hours before he comes home. Julie said he was down in the 80s some, but that he would eventually get back up above 90. We obviously want to get him home ASAP, but really want those lungs to be strong. I have a hunch his healthy appetite is helping him out (my non-medical opinon).

Please pray specifically that his saturation levels stay strong above 90. This is the first time in 5 days he's attempted this. It's a huge step for him.

I want to take a moment to thank all of you for the unbelievable outpouring of support on our family. All the prayers, calls, emails, offers to help or listen are in a word... overwhelming. I spoke with my parents tonight, and we all said that we had no idea that so many people loved and cared for us. No idea. We will never be able to thank you all enough. It seems so unreal. Know that we'll "pay it forward" to those who will walk where we are now.

We're not out of the woods by any stretch, but I wanted to take a moment to count our blessings. I wish I could thank all of you personally. Our church, RBF, my parents church, our family, our friends -- your encouragement has held us through all this. I wish that Jonathan could know what an impact he's made. My father said it best -- this 7 pound, 6 ounce little human has impacted more people in the last 7 days than most of us do in a lifetime.

Keep praying for our son. It's working.

Jamie

No comments: