Monday, January 10, 2011

Open House, Blank Slate, Doctor's Exam

Jamie and I stayed up late last night getting ready for our Open House today. Our house is on the market. We have a great house but have an opportunity to move to a different street. We our torn. I love our home and yet I want someone else to see how great it is and want it, too. We thought the Lord was directing us to put our house on the market because the offer for another home was made to us when we were praying specifically about moving. However, I now wonder if we mistook the "signs" for God's hand when they were not of Him. I don't think I have done that before. Maybe I have and am learning to distinguish between His hand and coincidence. I have never believed in coincidence but just because events seem to be happening to work together does not mean they are of Him, I suppose.
The boys and I took off for Krispy Kreme once everyone was ready this morning while Jamie finished up with the house. We then stopped at Nana and Pops' house to get dressed. From there we headed to church and Jamie met us there. Our sermon was about a "blank slate" and giving all we have to God. Our pastor is pretty intense but I cannot argue with anything He says because it all stems straight from God's Word. He challenged us to be ready to die for the Lord. I have never wanted to die for the Lord because I love it here. That is an advantage in living a life where you constantly have to lean on Him - you begin to yearn for heaven and see your life is nothing without being lived completely for Him. I don't do that well, but at least I am desiring it. Dr. Platt challenged us to be ready to give up all our possessions for His glory. He reminded us that nowhere in scripture does God direct us to have buildings and mentioned several times putting our church up for sale. I would not be surprised if that happened soon.:)
We got home this afternoon, messed up the house because that is what Warren boys do these days, ate dinner, and took baths. We had some lessons in not strangling your brother or banging his head into the faucet in the tub. Jackson announced he found a bump on his body. Jamie decided to play doctor and had Jackson show him the spot. Jamie put on a headlamp to investigate and Jackson was scared. He kept screaming. Jonathan became very distressed that Jackson was upset and kept signing "finished." When Jamie concluded the "examination," Jonathan followed Jamie into our room and kept saying "Daddy hurt Jackson" and then would sign "finished." Once he was satisfied his message was received, he walked up to Jackson in bed. Jackson said, "I'm okay, Jonathan. Don't worry." Jonathan buried his head in Jackson's side and Jackson gave him a hug. Jono got in bed and Jamie lay down next to him. I heard Jono give a big sigh of relief and he quickly fell asleep. Often when Jonathan is highly upset, he gives up and falls asleep. He seems to absorb the emotions of those around him and is very empathetic (or is it sympathetic?). 
I wish you could have seen Jamie examining Jackson. It was so awkward and funny. I kept having to bury my head and shake with laughter. The headlamp made it all the more hysterical. At one point, Jackson told me to quit laughing and I told him I was sorry (I didn't think he saw me:)). It was all so comical and crazy. Our life is wild and it is never boring!
Julie:)
thejuliewarren@gmail.com

No comments: