Monday, September 27, 2010

Jamie and Julie's vacation pix

Jamie and I got away for four nights a few weeks ago. It was so wonderful - better than our honeymoon. I think people should take honeymoons after kids. I did not value sleeping in, having a meal in peace, taking naps, and doing whatever I wanted before the kiddos. I sure love our kids - I just enjoyed catching up on sleep.

Since he arrived, Joel has not been a good sleeper and he has been teething continuously since month four of his life. I look forward to the day when the child I think he is returns.:) I will enjoy sleep again one day as well. I don't want to complain, though. Most days when I am so tired, I remember to be grateful for our life. Most nights, Jamie and I look at each other and say how blessed we are. Then we fall asleep!

Today was nice. The weather was significantly cooler. Joel and I grocery shopped and he did not begin screaming until halfway through our jaunt through Publix. I was nervously shopping, awaiting the howling and twisting in the stroller, so much so that I dropped a whole container of blueberries. They rolled everywhere and I felt badly! 

After the store, Joel was content to stay inside while I unloaded the goods in the kitchen. Not too soon after, Joel figured out he could be outside. So, we headed outdoors and stayed there for a couple of hours. He hates coming inside. Upon our arrival home from doing any errands, if I don't book it inside, he starts crying to stay outside. 

Jackson and his friend, Hardy, played today. When I checked on them outside, they were hosing each other down. I yelled out to Jackson, "Hey, Buddy! What about "Don't play in the water" didn't you understand?" I was slightly ticked. 

Jonathan appears to be doing well at school. His speech is emerging. Today he said his version of "Daddy, exercise" which meant "Daddy is exercising." I just need to keep praying over that boy. Please join me in praying for Jonathan's speech to emerge one day. I am also praying that it would be completely clear.

Here are pix from Jamie's and my trip a few weeks ago to Cancun. So nice, missing it already!

Julie:)
thejuliewarren@gmail.com



We got a snack of tortilla chips, salsa, and guacamole.



Me reading. I love to read. 



Jamie enjoying a cool beverage on the terrace.



My "snack."



Where we lived most days.



View from our window of the ocean.



Dinner out. The servers were so kind and attentive.



Jamie posing for picture.



They had turtles hatching that we got to release into 
the ocean in the evenings. It was so neat! I was hoping 
all the turtles made it to safety. I cried as I saw those little
babies making their way all on their own into the big swirling sea!



This is where we ate our last night - on the beach.



We roasted marshmallows as part of our dessert.



Breakfast right before we left.



Final breakfast before we headed home.

1 comment:

Cancun Carol said...

I agree with you totally on waiting after kids for the honeymoon. Its not until after kids does that time alone really mean something special between couples. I do love my kids, but the boys are a handful, and dont leave much time for ourselves, or for us to have an uninterrupted conversation. LOl, you are lucky he plays outside for hours, My oldest wont play outside unless we are with him, and the baby is teething right now...oh, these times are so busy. Im glad to hear you two enjoying yourselves, it gives us something to look forward to! Take care, I enjoyed your article.