Friday, March 12, 2010

Today begins our spring break. We have no plans so I am trying to think of fun things to do this week. My sister and her boyfriend plan to come later this week and I am so grateful. Jamie has a full week and will be super busy. I am going to be glad to see some other adult faces!

Jonathan has been coughing for about three weeks. He has had an antibiotic and steriods. One might think he has TB or CF. The kid cannot stop coughing! I give him a cocktail of meds every morning and evening and nothing is touching this. He just came off of an antibiotic and steroid last week so his pediatrician mentioned going back to the allergist. I have been praying fervently for relief for him (and us at night:)).

I met up with the director of the baseball league Jackson is a part of and he gave me a helmet with a face mask. Jackson got hit in the face last night with a ball and was scared of the ball after that. The director also let us borrow a bat and ball - we have been using plastic. Now that I saw practice, I can start pitching overhanded to Jackson and use a real ball. I thought he would be having underhanded pitches and it would be easier. Not so! We have to get him up to speed because most of the other kids are far beyond him in skill. He outright refused to do sports these last two years and now he is paying for it. I am going to have to coordinate naps for the other two so I can get outside and do some serious throwing, catching, pitching, and batting with him during the week. I love doing stuff like this with him - I hate pretending so I am thrilled to be playing sports.

Joel got up at 4am so that threw off his schedule today. He only napped once. I thought he would sleep more soundly tonight but I hear him yelling right now... Okay - I just checked on Joel and he has croup. Nice. Eleven o'clock at night. I don't want to get too excited but I think this is going to be a fun night...

No comments: