Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break



Jackson and I made "Monkey Pizza" Monday night.

Aunt Betsy and her boyfriend, Bryan, came to visit during their spring break. She and Jono were wrestling on our ottoman.

Driveway Art by Betsy, Bryan, Jackson, and Jonathan.

Breakfast today. Betsy and I went to the Lego Store last night to reserve a spot for Jackson's birthday in April. On the way home, we stopped to get doughnuts, coffee, and milk. This morning we had leftover doughnuts and crepes that Aunt Betsy made.

Yum!

Betsy and Bryan. They are on staff at NC State with Campus Outreach. They work with college students, introducing them to Christ and then discipling them. They are not at all like some of the staff and students from Campus Outreach I remember at Furman.

We ate lunch today at Cocina Superior right before we took Betsy and Bryan to the airport. It was so good!
Aunt Betsy and Bryan again.
Joel eating lunch. His nose is raw from being wiped so much! He is still quite congested. I am praying this lifts soon.

I took Joel to the doctor again on Tuesday, convinced he had an infection but his ears were clear. He has not been his sweet little self. I fear missing obvious signs of infection for any of our boys and that they will endure sickness unnecessarily.

I went back on Thursday. This made three times in five days. I was going to make an afternoon appointment and then cancel if Joel seemed to improve throughout the day. He kept waking up with a very foul disposition and green pouring out of his nose. It would last until about noon then turn clear (I know you want to know these specifics...). However, the boys' pediatrician was not going to be available later that day so we went that morning. Again, no infection. I said to the doctor, "Fill in the blank for me. Don't come back unless...." and the doctor said, "he has raging fever and green snot." When we were little, green mucous meant infection. Now, if you are fever-free, you have to have a green nose for at least ten days before they consider it possibly infectious. I don't want to make a mistake at the expense of my children's health. So, I spent $60 this week on my own peace of mind.
This week was spring break and Jamie's company shot 14 spots in five days for a client. Needless to say, he was unavailabe so it was just going to be me and the boys. I can handle them and I have difficulty asking for and accepting help. I want to be able to say I do things totally on my own. Pride. My sister had mentioned she was thinking about visiting that week and I took her up on it. Betsy and her boyfriend, Bryan, decided to visit and I was so grateful! I lived for Wednesday, the day of their arrival. It was a secret from the boys but I told Jono. I figured he wouldn't betray me.:)
Jackson spent time with Nana on Wednesday. When he came home, Betsy and Bryan were here. He jumped on Betsy and hugged her. He was so excited! While they were here, Betsy and Bryan took the boys on a walk to Samford University and had an "adventure", ate a picnic lunch, drew with chalk on the driveway, played baseball, cooked, played Wii, played Hide and Go Seek, and just hung out. It was so great! I wish they lived here in Birmingham - not just to help me. They are a fun couple and we enjoyed them thoroughly.

All three boys have had green noses this week. I am debating as to who will attend church tomorrow. Church is like daycare - for some reason, people come even though their kids are sick. My kids, if they have contracted something, often feel poorly by Tuesday. Often Jamie and I swap services to avoid illness. We will keep Joel home for sure. In addition to his runny nose and cough, he seems to be cutting both eye teeth. He needs to stay home.







A new way to get Jonathan to eat his food...

Joel loves to explore in the fridge!

No comments: